[IPython-dev] Tab-completion of data/properties and win32com fix for IPython

Jaco Schieke ipython at ml.schieke.net
Mon Aug 2 19:37:43 EDT 2004

Fernando,

I see though that the regexp line:
     m = re.match(r"(\S+(\.\w+)*)\.(\w*)$", text)
in FlexCompleter is not incorporated into rlcompleter for python 2.3.

The original reason for changing this from the vanilla rlcompleter was
to allow for completions on arrays and other funny things, e.g.
"".<tab>.  I was involved in this but took a 2 year leave of absence
;-).  I read some comments (after posting here) on sourceforge on the
original patch submitted for rlcompleter though and there are issues
with arbitrary code execution
(https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=547176&group_id=5470&atid=305470).

Having said all of this ... I not quite sure what the solution is.  For
the while being, I like typing as little as possible & living on the
edge - so I'll stick with FlexCompleter.

Regards,

Jaco