[IPython-dev] paren completion works ok win32 too

Ville Vainio vivainio at kolumbus.fi
Tue Jul 20 14:58:14 EDT 2004

Fernando Perez wrote:

> If you have py2.2, could you please test this?  Or even hard-wire
> shlex_split to be the one used in your tests?  Since I need to support
> py22, this is necessary.

Ok, I'm hard_wiring shlex_split.

> Noted.  I'll see if there's an easy way to fish out the python.exe
> path, I'm sure not everybody has it in I:\opt :)

Do whatever you are doing to install the normal ipython shortcut, i.e.
in ipython_win_post_install.py:

    make_shortcut('IPython.lnk',sys.executable, '"%s"' % ip_filename,
                  my_documents_dir,
                  'IPython - Enhanced python command line interpreter',
                  (pycon_icon,0))

(i.e. sys.executable is the path to python).

> I won't get to any of this till the weekend, I'm very busy.  So feel
> free to refine it and test it further.

Ack.