[IPython-dev] Re: Windows fixes, new prompts in CVS, testers?

Thorsten Kampe thorsten at thorstenkampe.de
Thu Jun 10 07:45:06 EDT 2004

* Fernando Perez (2004-06-08 08:42 +0100)
> I've made a bunch of changes which are now in CVS, and I'd very much
> appreciate some third-party feedback from the willing.
>
> Some highlights:
>
> (1) Windows support _should_ now work out-of-the box for those having Gary's
> readline.  He helped me with this, and says it works for him now.  Please let
> me know of any problems, with as much detail as possible (also say so if it
> works!)

The coloured out prompt now works.

But there is now a problem only with the Windows version (not the
Cygwin):

WARNING: Couldn't start log: [Errno 17] File exists
Python 2.3.4 (#53, May 25 2004, 21:17:02) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)]

This corresponds to these settings in ipythonrc:
log 0
logfile ~/.ipython/ipython.log backup

Thorsten