[IPython-dev] Windows installer - Clarification

Viktor Ransmayr viktor.ransmayr at t-online.de
Mon Jun 21 15:53:57 EDT 2004

Hello Fernando,

You wrote:

> No, you should be using CVS code always for development.  It's the
> closest thing in existence (and identical when I submit) to what's
> sitting on my computer.  The actual releases may lag by a lot with
> respect to what's in CVS.

Thanks for clarification. - The reason, why I brought this up, is that
if I work from a
CVS snapshot on Windows, I miss the HTML- and PDF-Version of the
documentation,
which was needed in the original version of your post-install script.

> I don't want to sound patronizing, but I simply have no idea what your
> level of experience with collaborative code development is.  If you're
> already familiar with all of this, great.  If you are new to this kind
> of project, spending a little time reading these two tutorials will be
> a very good investment for the future.  We want to spend our time
> coding, not fighting diff and patch :)

No need for apologies and/or discussion. - I should have send *.diff's
in the first place ...

Regards,
    Viktor