[IPython-dev] tab completion w/ spaces in filename?

Ville Vainio vivainio at kolumbus.fi
Tue Jun 29 18:34:44 EDT 2004

Fernando Perez wrote:

> -1
>
> I really try to keep the number of builtin magics under control.
> Especially since it's so trivial to write a one-line magic in your own
> config file that delegates (pseudo code below):

Ack. I'll move the code from cdb to cd.

BTW, is tab completion supposed to work for files with spaces in their
name? Completing a spaced file leaves the spaces as such in the file
name (i.e. they are not escaped, quoted or anything), so that pressing
tab a second time gives the list of all files, i.e. it doesn't consider
what is already typed/completed. Adding backslashes manually to escape
the spaces doesn't help.