[IPython-dev] IPython 0.6.0.rc1 available

Fernando Perez fperez at colorado.edu
Fri May 7 01:25:38 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I have just uploaded a release candidate for ipython 0.6.0.  Unless I hear of
any bugs/problems, I intend to make it the official 0.6.0 in a week or so.  I
would very much appreciate reports of success/failure with it.

It includes a bunch of fixes for many things, including various crashes and
problems with python 2.3 and better Gnuplot support.

Some new features: the improvements to @run for proper quoting of command-line
arguments, the new @sc/@sx/!! shell access system, changes to support Gary
Bishop's Windows extensions,...

The full details are in the changelog, along with credit to the many users who
contributed.  This released code is in sync with CVS as of now (but a number
of changes went in today, so if you have CVS from a few days ago you may want
to update).

Best regards, and enjoy.  I'll put together a nicer announcement with the
official release.

Fernando.