[IPython-dev] GTK warning.

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Feb 23 08:06:13 EST 2005

Andrea Riciputi wrote:
> I was working with version 0.6.11 when I noticed the following warning
> message:
>

>>ibook:~ andrea$ ipython -pylab
>>
>>** (ipython:29305): WARNING **: `GtkTextSearchFlags' is not an enum

Mmh.  What is your matplotlib backend? Gtk or GtkAgg?  I don't directly use
much of gtk, so it's possible that this is triggered by the pylab backend code.

I should also note that under linux (fedora3) I don't see it, so it may well
be a pygtk/gtk version thing.

If it continues to be a bother as you update versions of pygtk/gtk/matplotlib,
   I'd suggest informing the matplotlib list directly, since I suspect this is
on their side of things.

Best,