[IPython-dev] Re: [IPython-user] ANN: IPython 0.6.10 is out.

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sun Jan 30 14:45:07 EST 2005

Viktor Ransmayr wrote:
> I just now took the time to upgrade from 0.6.9-1 to 0.6.10.
>
> Installing via the Windows-Installer Executable worked. However, you
> can't use IPython nor pysh from the start-menu.
>
> If you click on them, the first screen of the Windows Installer executable
> is started again.
>
> Verifiying the created links revealed
>
> "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\VR\Eigene
> Dateien\Downloads\Python\IPython\ipython-0.6.10.win32.exe"
> C:\Python23\scripts\ipython
>
> respectively
>
> "C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\VR\Eigene
> Dateien\Downloads\Python\IPython\ipython-0.6.10.win32.exe"
> C:\Python23\scripts\ipython -p pysh
>
> as the target :-(

Did you just download the 0.6.10 binary, or are you using one you downloaded
after the announcement?  I noticed this problem a few hours after the original
release, and I quietly updated the files, hoping nobody had grabbed them yet
(bad practice, I know).

I just tested (again) with an up-to-date 0.6.10 (basically anything downloaded
after Jan.28, 1:43 pm (GMT-6hrs).  It worked fine, under python 2.3.

Please grab again the 0.6.10 download and test it by installing ipython for
2.3, all my tests show that it works perfectly.

Regards,