[IPython-dev] Win32/py2.4 installer crash woes

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sun Jan 30 15:23:44 EST 2005

Hi all,

sjmachin at lexicon.net wrote:

> How about a swift reversion to a distribution with a zip file and a
> setup.py? I'll alpha-test it for you; I'm anxious to get that manual to
> read up about the difference between !cd, cd, %cd and @#$^cd :-)

Unfortunately because of this distutils bug which is crashing any
python2.4-targetted installation, I've resorted to providing a manual
installer again.  Please see the note which I added here for more details:

http://ipython.scipy.org/index.html#download_instructions

This is less than ideal, but there's little else I can do until the bug is
fixed in python 2.4.  Viktor Ransmayr is helping track this down, but I'm sure
that if anyone has further insights they will be welcome.

Regards,