[IPython-dev] IPython officially in Fedora Extras

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Mar 16 14:18:11 EST 2005

Hi all,

thanks to S. Walton for this heads-up:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/3/i386/ipython-0.6.11-2.noarch.rpm

IPython is now officially a Fedora Extras package :)

Besides making me feel warm and fuzzy for 5 seconds, those of you on Fedora
can now forget about downloading it manually, since it will come to you via
the Extras repo.  In Fedora 3 the Extras repo needs to be added manually, but
it will be active by default in FC4.

To whoever was responsible for getting this into Fedora, many thanks (I have
no idea who did it, since I was never contacted).  If you are on this list,
let me know in case you want to be added directly to a short list of package
maintainers who get a special heads-up message from me whenever I make a release.

Regards,