[IPython-dev] Completer in ipython 0.6.12

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Wed Mar 16 14:38:19 EST 2005

Frédéric Mantegazza wrote:

> ipshell.IP.Completer.matchers.insert(0, 'proxy_matches')
> IPython.iplib.MagicCompleter.proxy_matches = proxy_matches
>
> I saw that you changed lot of things in the iplib.py file, and I don't know
> how to have my patch working. Could your explain me how things works, now ?

It should be relatively straightforward.  It's just that now instead of being
called by name, the matchers list actually contains the raw python methods.
You probably want to try something along the follwing lines (untested, typed
up in my mail client):

import new

ipshell.IP.Completer.proxy_matches = new.instancemethod(proxy_matches,
                                                         ipshell.IP.Completer)

ipshell.IP.Completer.matchers.insert(0, ipshell.IP.Completer.proxy_matches)

Or some minor variation thereof.  Please let me know if it works, and the
actual syntax that makes it work.  This is something which I can then expose
with a public function that wraps some of this boilerplate.

Best,