[IPython-dev] IPython1 parallel questions

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 18:21:29 EST 2006

This is absolutely something we have on our radar, but we don't have
it implemented yet.  It is especially complicated if commandX()
happens to run C/C++ code.  Then the signal handlers in Python won't
do a thing.  To get that to work, you need:

1.  Another process on the same machine that send OS level signals.

2.  The author of the C-code must use a macro to install the right
signal handlers.

This becomes even more complicated if MPI is involved.  This that
said, Fernando has thought quite a bit about this before and we plan
to eventually work on it.

Brian