[IPython-dev] Auto-discard notification

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sun Dec 31 20:27:30 EST 2006

Hi Andreas,

[ cc'd to the user list for archiving ]

ipython-user-bounces at scipy.org wrote:
> The attached message has been automatically discarded.

> Subject:
> remote ipython shell
> From:
> Andreas <A.Schoeller at web.de>
> Date:
> Fri, 24 Nov 2006 16:02:08 +0000 (UTC)
> To:
> ipython-user at scipy.net
>
> To:
> ipython-user at scipy.net
>

> Hello,
>
> i'm trying to talk to a embedded remote ipython-process via Rpyc.
> The embedded-ipython-shell starts
> and is ready for input,but the readline-support is gone.
> Somebd recommended to call the completer-function directly.
> This should work as described in the ipython source by :
> x = "test"
> __IP.complete('x.l')
> but it does not. It returnes []
> Remote or local doesn't matter, the return is always empty ?
> Am i doing smth wrong here ?

No, we are :(  This is a bug, since what you're doing is basically the
docstring example and should work.  We'll look into it, thanks for the report.

Here's the ticket to track this one:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/ticket/109

Mmh, this used to work...  Time to finish up the testing stuff I've been
writing so we can actually unittest these docstrings as we work.