[IPython-dev] MANIFEST.in griefs

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 08:06:17 EST 2006

On 2/4/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure it's OK to have it go in only for sdist.  But don't remove it
> there, as third-party packagers will need it.

Ok, I won't. Perhaps I could do the horrible hack of renaming
manifest.in for the duration of bdist_egg or install if setuptools is
imported... (yuck)

> R. Kern is sitting next to me, and mentions that both the distutils-sig, and
> the setuptools documentation discuss this in detail (apparently there was a
> thread on this very issue a few days ago on distutils-sig).  I can't look it
> up right now, but please have a look there as well.

I looked around quickly, and couldn't find it. There's lots of info on
"include_package_data" etc., but didn't see a way to force ignoring of
manifest.in. I'll try to look into this next week (this week is too
busy) but if anyone can give a good pointer for fixing this quickly
I'd appreciate it.

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'