[IPython-dev] Patch to completer.py

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Mon Jan 9 00:58:23 EST 2006

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> Very wierd.  The message headers should have had this:
>
>  Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 23:38:34 +0530
>  To: Fernando . dot . Perez [ at ] colorado . dot . edu
>  Subject: Error in the patch to support traits.
>
> My MTA logs claim that the message was delivered to the smarthost
> here.

OK, my fault.  I have no idea how, but I did accidentally delete it.  With the
subject line, I found it.  Sorry about that.  I certainly wasn't trying to
ignore you :)

>     Fernando> In any case, I just applied and committed your attached
>     Fernando> patch, many thanks.
>
> Thanks!
>
>     Fernando> Sets are OK for 2.3 (though they're a module there), so
>     Fernando> it's no problem (my default python is 2.3, so I would
>     Fernando> have noticed :)
>
> Right, I did not look hard enough for set and somehow had the
> impression that set is 2.4 only.

We're good.  The way I pulled it in, it will use the normal type from 2.4
onwards, but it remains 2.3 compatible (though with 2.4-like syntax).

>     Fernando> However, this just made me realize that we're not 2.2
>     Fernando> compatible anymore...
> [...]
>     Fernando> Oh well, 2.3 has been out for quite a while now.
>
> Yes, 2.3 is fine.  I should have moved to 2.4 but there is so much to
> do...

2.3 was released on July 29, 2003, should be OK.  So I'm going to call it a
fact and leave it at that, though I will announce this on the release.  Thanks
for the comments which made me catch this.

Best, and sorry again for the email mixup.  I don't know what happened to me.