[IPython-dev] Magics, aliases now use raw strings!

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 14:55:07 EST 2006

On 1/12/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> Thanks, Ville.  I suspect this will matter more to win32 users, who have to
> deal with \ path separators.

True, but also Unix users will benefit. If a system command wants a
backslash, that's what it's going to get. Think regexps, for example,
they use lots of backslashes. Now you can copy-paste a system command
that uses regexps directly, without doubling the backslashes.

> Please be _very_ careful when dealing with that code: we need to be able to

You can relax, my changes would be all in magic_cd(). I'll look into
it tomorrow.

--
Ville Vainio    http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
  Can't you see the world is burning