[IPython-dev] SVN testers?

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Jan 20 04:20:10 EST 2006

Hi all,

if I can get the threading bug fixed this weekend, I'll try to release 0.7.2
soon.  I'd greatly appreciate anyone willing to run off SVN to let me know of
any problems.  I just checked in a tentative fix for the pasting of multiline
input when autoindent is on.  It works so far for me, but that logic is a
little subtle, and I've seen corner cases before where I've broken it.  I'd
really like this to work, but I'm not 100% convinced that it _can_ really work
unambiguously.

Ville, in case you have a chance to play with the storage mechanism:

In [1]: class foo: pass
    ...:

In [2]: f = foo()

In [3]: store foo
Stored 'foo' (18 bytes)

In [4]: store f
Stored 'f' (25 bytes)

In [5]: quit

abdul[homepage]> ip
Unable to restore variable 'foo', ignoring (use %store -d to forget!)
The error was: exceptions.AttributeError
Unable to restore variable 'f', ignoring (use %store -d to forget!)
The error was: exceptions.AttributeError
Python 2.3.4 (#1, Feb  2 2005, 12:11:53)

IPython 0.7.1.svn -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
[...]

It seems that instances of classes defined interactively can't be %stored.