[IPython-dev] SVN testers?

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Fri Jan 20 13:26:52 EST 2006

Ville Vainio wrote:
> On 1/20/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:
>

>>>True. I changed %store to complain when trying to store such objects. In SVN.
>>
>>Is it fixable?  It certainly doesn't work even for plain python:
>

> Not easily, you can't pickle code (and the code is forgotten between sessions).
>
> "marshall" should be usable for this but looking into that could take a while...
>
> An easier pseudo-solution would be to store a Struct for objects like
> this, so that at least the attributes (if not methods) could be saved.

Well, I'll leave it up to you to decide on a decent long-term solution; you've
thought more about the storage system than I have.

I think I have a way to fix the threading bug that's been nagging us, I'll try
to work on that tomorrow.  If I get it all done, I'll put the 0.7.1 release
out, I'm really pressed for time.  Then you can experiment at a more leisurely
pace.

Regards,