[IPython-dev] Nearing release, please be careful

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 04:00:16 EST 2006

On 1/21/06, Ville Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:

> > ImportError: No module named ipy_user_conf
>
> It's not a bug, it was added to UserConfig - just copy the file from
> there. It will automatically be there for "new" installations.

I think the one thing we might do in the trunk is to, in the first
run, do a "light" upgrade such as:

- Copy * from UserConfig over to .ipython for files that don't already
exist (apart from ipythonrc*)

- Write out .ipython/currentversion.txt that has the version tag in
it, after that a straightforward comparison can deduce that the
subsequent comparisons are not "first runs".

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com