[IPython-dev] UNC readline and ipython

Gary Bishop gb at cs.unc.edu
Sat Jan 21 09:10:47 EST 2006

I suggest PythonReadline or some such as the name. That is what really
distinguishes it. It is written in python. Check out Ben Last's comments
about it associated with his shell Quasi. He actually derived his own class
from it allowing him to extend its capabilities, something that is
impossible with the gnu readline.

I claim (he said knowing he wouldn't have to back it up) that I could have a
Linux version of Console going in less than 1 week of work and I don't know
curses and I'm an old guy. Some Linux hacking kid on the list should be able
to do it in a few hours!

Also, do you know about Mike Graz <mnsgraz at mnsgraz.plus.com> adding vi
editing mode to it? One giant merge would be the right thing to do.

gb