[IPython-dev] UNC readline and ipython

Fernando Perez Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu
Sat Jan 21 11:18:47 EST 2006

Jörgen Stenarson wrote:
> Fernando Perez skrev:
>
>>Jörgen Stenarson wrote:
>>

>>>username: jstenar
>>
>>Done.  First, let's check that you can actually make some trivial commit
>>(edit the readme for windows file for example, with a trivial change).
>>

> Looks like the commit worked.

OK, great.  back on-list.

 >>>Where should we put the readline tree?

I think Gary's arguments point to it being a top-level package, called
'pyreadline' for now.  We'll use Ville's suggestion of a trivial readline.py
which does 'from pyreadline import *' under win32.

The setup.py file will need to be adjusted so this does NEVER get added for
any OS other than win32, for now.  If in the future we add *nix support here,
great, but for now let's make sure we don't mess with the default readline.

Welcome!