[IPython-dev] [IPython-user] IPython 0.7.0 is out.

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 15:17:01 EST 2006

On 1/22/06, Fernando Perez <Fernando.Perez at colorado.edu> wrote:

> Ville, can you quickly summarize for me which changes in trunk you think I
> should apply to the release branch?  Is it only the setup.py stuff?

I think you should try applying 1062 and 1064 to create proper eggs,
if you can find the time. Those patches have no chance of breaking
anything already in place.

Note that I stripped lots of stuff from eggsetup.py. I thought it
would be a good idea to make the egg minimal, with no examples and
documentation. Nobody looks for the docs under site-packages/wherever
anyway, and it would make it more feasible to make ipython a
"dependency" when people easy_install stuff like turbogears etc (which
is often done to places with limited disk quotas).

--
Ville Vainio - http://tinyurl.com/2prnb
http://vainio.blogspot.com