[IPython-dev] Multi-line history entries

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Thu Jul 27 06:22:55 EDT 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 07:45, Ville Vainio wrote:
> Perhaps this is a problem with your readline version; it worked ok
> (i.e. linefeeds were linefeeds) on my home machine (ubuntu dapper).
> Anyone else bother giving it a try?
Works here (Gentoo x86/stable, readline-5.1).

One very small thing I noted though: In your example, if you just press enter
twice to finish the loop, the history will still contain two entries: one
with the loop construct and one with just the auto-indentation from the next
line.  I would prefer the latter to vanish, but I don't see the right place
and condition for another readline.remove_history().
(-> InteractiveShell.push?)

Greetings,
  Hans