[IPython-dev] from __future__ import division

Gaël Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Mon Jun 12 14:06:03 EDT 2006

        Hi,

I am using ipython to do some numerical work with pylab. At the beginning
of each script I have "from __future__ import division". When I use these
scripts with "ipython -pylab" (calling them with a %run -i foobar"),
pylab doesn't see this import, and thus the script has bugs. One option
is to load ipython without the -pylab switch and load pylab afterwards,
but this is to the cost of the nice non blocking pylab interface.

Is there a way to make such an import before pylab gets loaded ? If not
this may be a useful feature (maybe adding a "-division" switch on the
command line call).

    Regards,

	Gaël