[IPython-dev] IPython1 on PS3/YDL

Steven H. Rogers steve at shrogers.com
Sat Nov 11 07:57:15 EST 2006

I expect IPython to "just work" on the PPE, which would provide a good
environment for exploring the Cell's possibilities.  I think it would take
some work to enable IPython to manage the six available SPE's.  The SPE's
need to be programmed in C and standard Python to run efficiently if you did
a straight port to the SPE.  NumPy and PIL are obvious fits for the SPE
architecture, but processing non-array data structures takes some thought.

Steve