[IPython-dev] Suggestions for implementing parallel algorithms?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 03:00:50 EST 2006

On 11/16/06, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry I have been so silent as well.  I have a proposal (about
> IPython) due in the next
> few days so I have been focusing on that.  I will reply early next
> week once things settle down.
>
> I definitely have some ideas (and practical experience) in dealing
> with large datasets.
>
> But Fernando, do you think that Hg and subversion would play well
> together?  I don't know much about Hg.

Well, I've lightly used bzr on top of an SVN tree without too many
problems.   Though in that case, I've always used the bzr tree for
fast-paced work and made the SVN commits as separate operations, not
by trying to generate a commit from a bzr changeset.

Recently (both SAGE and Brett Cannon's tests) have me leaning more
towards hg than bzr, but it's probably a bit of a toss-up between
those two.

The main point is just to give each of us an easy way to keep local
version control we can share for pulling changes, while SVN remains
the 'official' tree for commits meant for 'final' distribution.

Just an idea...

Cheers