[IPython-dev] Patches to use pydb instead of pdb for debugging

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 14:44:39 EDT 2006

On 10/9/06, R. Bernstein <rocky at panix.com> wrote:
> I've never made a showmedo video; I'd prefer not to volunteer for this
> if someone else can do it. On the other hand at a minimum I can
> probably create a list of things to demo with pydb and ipython to show
> what's improved.

Don't worry, I wasn't suggesting /you/ do it: it was more a matter of
throwing the bait in the water, and waiting to see who takes it :)

But it could be a fun task for someone from the community who has a
bit of spare time in their hands.

When we get closer to release and the features are in place, we'll
suggest it also on the user list.  It would be nice if you put up your
list of ideas (a storyboard of sorts) in the wiki.  I think this would
increase the chance of someone actually doing it, if they feel there's
some guidelines already on where to start.