[IPython-dev] making pdoc, pdef, and pinfo more generally useful (Was Re: Patches to use pydb instead of pdb for debugging)

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Sat Oct 14 02:42:06 EDT 2006

On 10/14/06, R. Bernstein <rocky at panix.com> wrote:

> But of course there were a number of other problems. For some of them
> changes were more appropriate in pydb than in ipython. And as a
> result, I think initially I reduce the scope even more. You need the
> latest version of pydb (and Python 2.5).
>
> For now and testing use what's just been checked in to CVS.
>
> Here is a revised set of patches off of the current SVN.

I'll apply them sometime next week. In the meantime, give it some more
testing to see whether there are more gotchas.

The previous bug was fixed by this:

     def new_do_quit(self, arg):
-        __IPYTHON__.Completer.all_completions=self.old_all_completions
+
+        if hasattr(self, 'all_completions'):
+            __IPYTHON__.Completer.all_completions=self.old_all_completions
         return OldPdb.do_quit(self, arg)

(it was AttributeError - there was no old_all_completions. Also see
whether there is a cleaner fix).