[IPython-dev] [Fwd: color modification of ipython]

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Sun Oct 22 15:37:34 EDT 2006

Alec,

as I said before I do not see your behaviour.

I think it may be related to the handling of default color. I have made
some
changes today to improve he situation but I'm not sure if they will help
you.
If you can test the trunk version from svn I would be happy.

If this doesn't  help. Please activate the debug setting in the
pyreadline.ini file (by changing debug_output("off") to debug_output("on"))
this will result in a log file (pyreadline_debug_output.txt) being created
in the work directory where you start python, in the beginning of the file
there will be a line that logs the initial color attribute. Please
(This value is only reported by the trunk version not the 1.3 release
version)

You can also try to use the set_input_color function in the ini file to
force
the color you want. (I don't think this function was available in the
1.3 release
version but I'm not sure so you would have to upgrade to trunk).

/Jörgen

Alec Jang skrev:
> Hi,
>
> I am using pyreadline 1.3 and ipython 0.7.2, all packages were newly
> installed, so I suppose it's not a upgrading problem.
>
> Attachment is a screenshot before I hack the source.
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Regards,
> Alec Jang
> 2006-10-22
>
> J鰎gen Stenarson wrote:
>> Hi Alec,
>> I do not see this problem when running ipython-pyreadline under python
>> 2.5 on windows XP. So my question is what versions of ipython and
>> pyreadline are you using? Perhaps it is only a question of upgrading
>> one or the other.
>>
>> Regards,
>> J鰎gen
>>

>> Fernando Perez skrev:
>>> Hi Alec,
>>>
>>> thanks for the report; I'm forwarding this to the dev list, where our
>>> WinXP
>>> developers (in particular the pyreadline gang) can confirm this and
>>> apply the fix.
>>>
>>> Note to devs: if these changes are applied, they should be
>>> windows-only, since
>>> the reported problem does NOT happen under *nix.
>>>
>>> Regards,

>>> 2 In the same file, Normal comes twice, the second one also need