[IPython-dev] [IPython-user] bug in coloured prompt

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 15:41:16 EDT 2007

On 4/4/07, Gael Varoquaux <gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org> wrote:

> I think what this really tells us is that we need a front-end independant
> ipython that can come with a wxPython front-end and therefore be useable
> under windows with all this PITA. I guess this is coming with ipython1 ?
> I am sure there is some work to do with this but I am to busy with other
> things to offer some help.

Yes, that's precisely coming.  I even already have R. Kern's mercurial
repository of something along these lines that he hacked together to
work on WX, and it has nicely spelled out list of constraints for
clean WX integration.

Obviously, as you can imagine, the goal is to make it trivial to have
a true ipython console inside Envisage.

It won't happen tomorrow, but it will happen :)