[IPython-dev] Front page and pyreadline one locked down on wiki

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 23:01:54 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I locked down these pages in the wiki:

http://ipython.scipy.org/moin
http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/PyReadline/Intro

so that only the people listed here:

http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/EditorsGroup

can write to them.  These pages were getting regularly defaced by
spammers, and I just got tired of it.

Note that it's NOT my intent to close them to community editing, so
pretty much anyone who wants to edit them, just ask here and I'll add
you to that list (in particular Jorgen for the readline one, I just
don't have your wiki ID).  I don't imagine any spammer will have the
gall to ask in person for permission and then go to deface a page :)

If more pages become spammer targets I'll lock them down as well,
let's just hope this doesn't become necessary.  So far only these two
were being regularly attacked, probably because they rank higher in
common searches.

cheers,