[IPython-dev] Ipython crash w/o readline

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 12:18:29 EDT 2007

IPython used to crash when readline was not installed. Fixed in current svn.

Also, I have a fix for recursive exception handling (bugs in exception
hanging print the exceptions infinitely), here's the diff but I
hesitate a little bit, not that it breaks stuff but the exceptions
system is a bit messy & I'd rather wrap the whole except hook in one
big try-except and wondered why it hasn't been done already.