[IPython-dev] Status of pyreadline release for win32?

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:48:37 EDT 2007

On 4/19/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just got back from my trip and I'm still behind on email, but I
> wanted to know if we can cut a release of pyreadline that is fully
> usable for win32 users.
>
> When I left, it seemed the last one I made worked fine in normal
> usage, but still would throw an exception when run as
>
> c:\path\to\ipython foo.py
>
> and the exception traceback was remarkably unhelpful.

I have fixed IPython so you don't get that horrible recursive
traceback when readline is not installed, at least.

I guess your exception wasn't this one:

C:\ipython>python c:\Python25\Scripts\ipython a.py
<type 'exceptions.IndexError'>            Traceback (most recent call last)

<type 'exceptions.IndexError'>: tuple index out of range
WARNING: Failure executing file: <a.py>
Python 2.5.1c1 (r251c1:54692, Apr  5 2007, 09:19:18) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]

IPython 0.8.1.svn.r2235 -- An enhanced Interactive Python.
?       -> Introduction to IPython's features.
%magic  -> Information about IPython's 'magic' % functions.
help    -> Python's own help system.

In [1]: