[IPython-dev] Status of pyreadline release for win32?

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:38:42 EDT 2007

On 4/19/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:

> If everything else is OK, and since this required a fix to ipython
> itself rather than just pyreadline, perhaps we should quickly cut a
> 0.8.1 release, that would include an official pyreadline as well.

Well, I was running pyreadline from the svn so I don't know whether
Jorgen had already fixed something. I'm all in favor of a quick 0.8.1,
esp. considering that the current version (0.8.0) is totally broken.

I think we should do the thing we did before, i.e. put up an
unannounced 0.8.1 in the 'testing' directory and let the people here
on the mailing list try it out for a few days.