[IPython-dev] Status of pyreadline release for win32?

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 15:52:19 EDT 2007

On 4/19/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/19/07, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Having a core developer, on-list, saying that our current release is
> > 'totally broken' in nonsensical, and only serves to scare users away.
>
> Ok, I can admit it was a bit of misguided communication. The basic
> thrust of the message (to users) was that "stick with the previous
> version until we release a fixed version a couple of days from now",
> and hope that nobody got the wrong idea about the general situation of
> the codebase.

No problem, we all make mistakes.  Let's now focus on ensuring that we
get a  solid release for our win32 users.   With the untimely death of
my desktop (where I could run win32 under vmware), that particular
ball is on your and our willing users court, I'm afraid.

If nobody reports any major issues, let's shoot for putting the
release out this weekend, does that sound reasonable?  Being so small,
I can do it in a few minutes, since there's no major changelog to
worry about.