[IPython-dev] Full import completion for ipython

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 17:24:16 EDT 2007

On 4/20/07, Olivier Lauzanne <olauzanne at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here is a patch for the svn version of ipython that adds a full completion
> for the imports.

Just in time! However, you need to send a new patch (quickly), I got:

[ipython]|9> patch -p5 < c:/dl/patch.diff
patching file IPython/Extensions/ipy_completers.py
Hunk #1 FAILED at 11.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 142.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 147.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 216.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 221.
Hunk #6 FAILED at 239.
6 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file IPython/Extensions/ipy_complet
ers.py.rej
[ipython]|10>

> If you like it I may do a patch to integrate it directly in ipython, not
> just in the extensions.

No, the less stuff we have directly in ipython, the better.