[IPython-dev] New features + Postponing 0.8.1 a little bit

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 09:58:08 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'd like to propose that we postpone 0.8.1 for a few days, until
mid-next-week perhaps.

Until then, I think windows packages for 0.8.0 should be moved to
'testing' directory in the ftp site.

There are some bugs that should be fixed, and I'd also like to expose
"Macro" in ipapi, since I think a "macro library" is a cool idea that
should be out there in the wild:

# some symbian commands

bw = ip.Macro("abld build winscw udeb")
bb = ip.Macro("bldmake bldfiles")

ip.to_user_ns("bw bb")

Aliases can already be defined with ip.magic("alias foo
c:/doostuff.exe"), but macros can't.