[IPython-dev] New features + Postponing 0.8.1 a little bit

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 12:14:20 EDT 2007

On 4/20/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'd like to propose that we postpone 0.8.1 for a few days, until
> mid-next-week perhaps.

No problem.

> Until then, I think windows packages for 0.8.0 should be moved to
> 'testing' directory in the ftp site.

Well, are there any problems for win32 if users grab BOTH of

http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/pyreadline-1.4.2.win32.exe
http://ipython.scipy.org/dist/ipython-0.8.0.win32.exe

?  I thought we'd gotten confirmed reports that as long as pyreadline
was installed, everything was dandy (short of that c:\path\ipython
f.py message which is mostly harmless and probably doesn't occur very
often, since most people just start ipython by itself first and then
use %run or similar).

thoughts?