[IPython-dev] [FRPythoneers] IPython sprint

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 12:09:59 EDT 2007

OK, I have fixed the problems with ipython1 not finding the version of
web2 that we ship with ipython1.  The problem was that our setup.py
file had becom outdating and needed some overhauling.  Instead of
dealing with distutils, I took the opportunity to make the transition
to using setuptools.  This will be a much better solution in the long
run and it was badly needed.  So...

Everyone who is planning on attending the sprint on Sat. please do an
svn up and try a:

python setup.py install

and maybe a

python setup.py develop

This second command will be most useful on Saturday.

Please let me know if there are lurking problems with the new setup.py script.

Cheers,

Brian