[IPython-dev] Nice segfault from package scanning...

Ville M. Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:53:25 EDT 2007

On 4/26/07, Olivier Lauzanne <olauzanne at gmail.com> wrote:

> shouldn't the rootmodules also be regenerated during the rehash then ?

Not necessarily, it would be nice to have all the completion code in
one place and only this one trivial thing in %rehashx.

> that way there will be no blocking completion even for people with NFS, just
> a long rehash.
>
> and I don't think it's usefull to have both this and a timeout.

I'm not so sure. You could print a "creating list of root modules,
please wait (this will only be done once - %rehashx to regenerate)" on
timeout and store the list - if the list is ready before the timeout,
there would be no need to store the list and a "fresh" list could be
generated every time. Then you'll have either

1) Fresh and fast module list on normal cases

2) Possibly outdated but fast module list on NFS-cases.