[IPython-dev] pull()ing instances of custom classes

Glen W. Mabey Glen.Mabey at swri.org
Mon Aug 20 12:33:07 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm using saw with python2.5.1, and have encountered either a bug or a
limitation with ... I don't know what part of ipython1.

What I want to be able to do is to pull back instances of a class, which
chokes.  The error produced makes sense now that I understand what the
problem is, but it sure had me going in the wrong direction for quite a
while.

The error looks like this:

<type 'exceptions.ImportError'>: No module named importerrorexample
> /usr/local/stow/twisted-20070806_svn-py2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/twisted/python/failure.py(301)raiseException()
    300         """
--> 301         raise self.type, self.value, self.tb
    302

from the attached code, when a controller is passed to run().

Any insight into this issue would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Glen Mabey