[IPython-dev] Preparing for 0.8.2 release

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 16:38:49 EDT 2007

On 8/28/07, Ville M. Vainio <vivainio at gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess this could be opportune time to start preparing for 0.8.2;
> there are no serious bugs that I know of.
>
> Is all the doctest stuff in shape for the release? Does anyone have
> anything that should go in?

No, I'll probably get to it this weekend, so let's shoot for sometime
next week for release.

Note: I'll be reverting the deprecation of some of the %pdef &
friends.   There are several tutorials out on the net, widely used in
scientific computing circles, that list these and they do get used.  A
minor point release is not a time for any API breakage of this kind.
We'll have a chance for a deep cleanup with the 0.9 series, which
thanks to the great help from Eric Jones and Gael Varoquaux at scipy
is now starting to take shape.  There, *everything* will be fair game
for deprecation/cleanup, but there's really no value in breaking
people's work habits right now.