[IPython-dev] wxIPython

Laurent Dufrechou laurent.dufrechou at free.fr
Sun Dec 2 17:02:06 EST 2007

Hi everybody,

I’ve played today with the gtk example from Eitan Isaacson.

My objective was to do the same for Wxpython.

Here is the result.(I have only tested it under linux currently, but should
work on other platform!)

You will need wxpython 2.8.7 and Ipython 0.8.2 (well I think Ipython can be
lower)

There still some bugs:

### known bug:

# - write 'é' + enter in the console make IPython behave strangely.(close
stream???)

# - UP and DOWN key doesn't behave well on multiline commands.

# - currently WxConsoleView is a wx.Panel, can we change it to wx.TextCtrl?

# - there is some graphical glitch on autocompletion test. How to hide
this?? Disable onPaint??

(to check how much symbol I can put on a line I draw a line with the biggest
autocompletion symbol and determine the max symbol on a line. Then I remove
the line, here is the glitch.)

I think it could be useful to guys who want to integrate IPython into wx
apps and could help IPython to be better known J

Code can be cleaner, but well it works J (especially the part with prompt
length
)

If you’re ok, I would like to propose it as a wx example.

I haven’t so much time to maintain it so, if anybody would like to help
improve it, I’m open.

Laurent