[IPython-dev] [Matplotlib-users] Bug in mathtext

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 16:43:49 EST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 2:39 PM, Jörgen Stenarson <jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu> wrote:

> Thanks Mike. I hope we can figure out what is causing the crashes but I
> guess we can take this over on the ipython-list. Fernando have you tried
> it on a windows machine? I'm using tkagg. Do you have any ideas on what
> I could start testing to isolate the problem?

I'm taking the mpl list off, this is our problem :)

No, I only have linux here in the office.  It's even stranger that you
can crash it with Tk, since that one doesn't even have any of the
black magic threading stuff.  Why don't you try starting with a clean
config (temporarily rename your _ipython directory to force the
creation of a new, clean one).  I want to sort out whether it may be
something triggered by your personal config.

I'll try to test it tonight at home, I have VMWare windows on my desktop.