[IPython-dev] [IPython-user] New IPython Article

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 20:20:27 EST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007 5:25 PM, Noah Gift <noah.gift at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just an FYI, an article I wrote for IBM Developerworks is running in
> the AIX/Unix section.  I didn't get too heavy into IPython, as I was
> covering SNMP too, which is complex enough to talk about:
>
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix
>
> Direct Link:
>
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/aix/library/au-netsnmpnipython/

Very nice!  Thanks a lot, I just added mentions of it in the News and
Documentation pages.

By the way, the 'iterative coding' process you described is exactly
the way I (and others I know) work when doing scientific computing
development, so I think the appeal of your article goes beyond the
SNMP audience.  That style of work is why IPython was born, in a
sense, and it applies to just about any field.