[IPython-dev] wxIPython0.7 - Linux is a known OS :)

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 14:45:46 EST 2007

On Dec 15, 2007 8:17 AM, Laurent Dufrechou <laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi IPythoners,
>
> Here the last version of WXIpython.
> - Problems under linux should be resolved now.(wxGtk textctrl doesn't like
> Freeze/Thaw...)
> - Added filters on history widget, you can filter ('','!' and '?' commands)
> - wx Pager is now thread safe ,linux is less tolerant than windows ;)
>   Instead of being called by IPython thread it is managed by wxThread via a
> more complex state machine. Any better idea welcomed :)

Great!

> ###### for ipython devs and pyreadline too ######
>
> Will try to put it inside SVN, Fernando,Ville where should I add it?

I'd suggest a whole new subpackage called wx, under ipython:

from  IPython.wx import ...

so you'd make a directory called wx/ under IPython.  I hope soon we'll
be using this under the ipython refactoring, so having it as
self-contained as possible will also make that transition easier.  But
there's enough value in what you're doing *right now* that I think we
should have it in for today's ipython.