[IPython-dev] wxIPython0.7 - Linux is a known OS :)

Jörgen Stenarson jorgen.stenarson at bostream.nu
Mon Dec 17 13:58:20 EST 2007

Laurent Dufrechou skrev:

> ###### for ipython devs and pyreadline too ######
>
> Will try to put it inside SVN, Fernando,Ville where should I add it?
>
> Joergen,Gael, I would like to make the App Pyreadline aware :)
> Where should I start? I've got class WxConsoleView(wx.Panel): that handle
> all the text processing, should I try to convert it like ironpython console
> class in pyreadline?
> Is it what I should do to be pyreadline compatible?If any of you want to
> help no problem :)

Laurent,

I think looking at the ironpython console class is a good start you
should probably also create at least a dummy class for clipboard
functionality since that is ctypes/win32 based as well. I also think we
will have to figure out a new way to choose backend.

The way ipython in a regular console window gets benefit from pyreadline
is by calling rawinput which uses pyreadline, in order to get colored
output there is also a special write routine that interprets ansi color
codes.

Exactly how you should do this in wx I don't know. I'm no gui expert.
However I have just comitted a first try of a callback interface which
may be what you need (currenlty only available in emacs mode). You can
get to it in the callback branch at:
http://ipython.scipy.org/svn/ipython/pyreadline/branches/callback/

There is an example in pyreadline/examples/callback_examples.py

Good luck and feel free to ask questions. I will be offline from
thursday dec 20th until jan 2.

/Jörgen