[IPython-dev] Let's clear out/update all the old Trac tickets

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 02:04:13 EST 2007

On 2/13/07, Brian Granger <ellisonbg.net at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was just updating the tickets for the ipython1 saw branch.  There
> are a number of older tickets on the IPython Trac that seem "dead."
> Could everyone clean out old tickets on the Trac.  I have done this on
> tickets related to the saw branch.  Fernando, many of the oldest
> tickets are related to the nbdoc/nbshell.  I am not sure if you want
> to keep those around.  My feeling is that when we get around to
> working on the notebook, most of those tickets won't apply.

I don't want to remove them altogether, because there's a certain
amount of information in there that /may/ prove useful in the future.
But given that right now they are not likely to be relevant, I bumped
the priority for all of them way down, so that they show up at the
bottom of the reports:

http://projects.scipy.org/ipython/ipython/report/1

As we identify ones (I didn't actually read them carefully, I just
went over all of them) which we're /certain/ are never going to be
relevant, it's certainly OK to just close them.  But at least now
they're reasonably out of the way.

I didn't find a 'postpone' option in Trac, so I used priority lowering
as the next-best solution.  If you prefer an alternative, let me know.