[IPython-dev] Recent iplib line_split changes

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 21:30:09 EST 2007

Hey Dan,

On 3/1/07, Dan Milstein <danmil at comcast.net> wrote:
> Yo,
>
> I just pulled down the newest code from svn (written today/
> yesterday), and my new tests for prefilter promptly blew up.  I'll
> take that as good news (in the, "look, something changed in the
> behavior and the tests complained" department).

Well, it seems you arrived not a second too late :)

I have to run now, but I'll look into this later if I can.

I think I'm simply going to revert the patches made for Alex's bug for
now, until I can redo that more carefully using your tests.

The filtering code is a *^&*@! minefield, and walking over it
blindfolded (ie without unit tests) led to the only result that could
have been expected...

Unfortunately I have a couple of crazy days ahead so it may not be
until Sunday that I can get back to Alex's bug and fix it properly.

In the meantime, many thanks for catching all of this!  I'll
incorporate your tests into the trunk as soon as I have a free minute.