[IPython-dev] igrid

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 21:11:56 EDT 2007

On 3/12/07, Nikolas Tautenhahn <virtual at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi there,

> > > I don't see any problems here with -wthread (except that the next input
> > > prompt doesn't start on the next line). This is with wx 2.8/Python
> 2.4.3
> > > on Windows.
> > >
> > > Can you post what error messages you got?

Here's what I see:

wx._core.PyNoAppError                              Traceback (most
recent call last)

/home/fperez/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/IPython/Extensions/igrid.py
in GetAttr(self, *args)
    133     def GetAttr(self, *args):
    134         attr = wx.grid.GridCellAttr()
--> 135         attr.SetFont(wx.Font(self.fontsize, wx.TELETYPE,
wx.NORMAL, wx.NORMAL))
    136         return attr
    137

/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/wx-2.6-gtk2-unicode/wx/_gdi.py in
__init__(self, *args, **kwargs)
   1720         """
   1721         if kwargs.has_key('faceName'): kwargs['face'] =
kwargs['faceName'];del kwargs['faceName']
-> 1722         newobj = _gdi_.new_Font(*args, **kwargs)
   1723         self.this = newobj.this
   1724         self.thisown = 1

PyNoAppError: The wx.App object must be created first!

This message gets printed zillions of times, since it seems to be
triggered by an event handler on mouse movement.  So basically the
screen goes nuts printing this same traceback over and over as fast as
it can.